As of April 1, 2014, Jackson Health Network (JHN) is using the JHN Compass for our clinical performance reporting system. This replaces the external product, Phytel, in providing information on your JHN patient care.
Over the past few months, Alex Dupuie, JHN Lead Clinical Information Analyst, has been working with a JCMR contractor to develop this new clinical reporting performance system to provide even better support of your data. The JHN Compass platform is built on the GGX system within JCMR. The system allows increased flexibility and control in building and changing our metrics to more rapidly respond to your needs and program changes.
As a provider, you will find:
- JHN Compass access directly through the JCMR NextGen EHR
- Individual log-in access to your data
- A scorecard providing
- A view of all incentive metrics with your percentage of achievement
- Hover over each metric to see information on your numerator and denominator with the JHN target
- Click on a patient name to see all gaps in care for that person
- Identifying patients by Payer
- A formatted scorecard for clinical care is available by clicking on your name
- An appointment list providing a list of all scheduled patient and identification of care opportunities
- “PCP Patient List” provides a list of all your patients and identifies those attributed by the system
One of the planned items for future development is the ability to see trends in performance improvement. As you work with the program, we welcome conversation on ideas for improvements to improve the benefits of this system to your practice.
The JHN Provider Servicing Specialists will be bringing information on using the JHN Compass to your practice in the month of April. If you have questions, please contact:
Laurie Tarpley 517-817-7520 Laurie.Tarpley@AllegianceHealth.org
Stephanie Longwell 517-817-7517 Stephanie.Longwell@AllegianceHealth.org